OLP Week7: Museum Multiverse Collab Art Blog: Plan, Layout, Build Part 6 (Finished texturing first Museum scene and on to building the rest of the level map)


Okay so this week I manage to progress pretty well with the texturing for the First Museum scene but before I get into that I got some breaking news, BREAKING NEWS!!!!! My Oculus has finally arrived WOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!! As you can tell by my expression I am pretty happy about it. Now I can use this device to add more leverage with creating game experiences and well as playing them in the future.


Okay moving on, I have manage to finish texturing this scene to the point to where Hess and I were satisfied. This will be the main part of the demo where puzzle style game mechanics will be used in order to progress within the museum. Style wise I went for a more modernized feel for the museum  room using mostly textures that consist of Metal, Marble, and Stucco for the walls. The nameplates for each statue piece may appear a little dark but I wanted to use that to set it up as an omen for events to come as the player progresses. Here are a few screen captures of the room without the dynamic dark lighting.








Here are a couple of screenshots that can give you you can idea what this scene may like with the dim dark lighting.



In addition to finalizing the textures for this scene I have started building props assets in advance for the next scene which will be unique art gallery the player will enter once they pass through the hallways. I am trying to make assets in as well as reusable modular room pieces to save up on time with development. Here are a few assets of paint frames I have built for the next scene as well as reusable modular room pieces I will be using to build the next set of hallways.





So this coming week I will be building/texturing more props to quickly add to the next scene built scene as well as build the hallways connecting to the next scene using the modular room.

Comments